Subject: Re: LC 475
To: None <benco@ucsee.EECS.Berkeley.EDU, briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Ben Cottrell <benco@ucsee.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/16/1995 20:04:51
> >       best:   FWB Hard Disk Toolkit (HDT)
> Hmmm...  You might want to be careful with this one.  The last time
> that I looked at the personal edition, it couldn't do anything but
> Mac partitions.  I complained loudly to their tech support, and I

I'm fairly sure that you can do UNIX partitions. You can't make
a partition named "foo" like you can in the full edition, but you
can choose from a popup menu.

> That advice is not appropriate.  Blatently illegal, although I know it
> happens all the time.

Point taken. I don't advocate piracy in general; Silverlining is a
special case because you *cannot* buy it. You either have it directly
from LaCie (who won't sell it to you either, but will be happy to
sell you a bridge^H^H^H^H^H^Hdrive and bundle it) or you don't have it.
At least this was what I was told by the salesman when I called
up to check... correct me if I'm wrong.
--
____  -Ben Cottrell (home page http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~benco/)
\  / Geek 3.0: GCS(M) dpu s:+ a15 C++++ UB++++ P++ L- E+ W++ N++ K+ w-- O++