Subject: Newbie question on CD-ROM
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thomas Bjorn Andersen <bjorn@daimi.aau.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/15/1995 23:39:40
I've trying like mad to mount an A/UX install CD-ROM under BSD, but no luck
so far. I've tried to boot into singleuser mode and typed:
cd /
mkdir cdrom
cd /dev
./MAKEDEV cd0
mount_cd9660 /dev/cd0 /cdrom (also cd0a)
mount_cd9660: read only filesystem

dmesg shows: cd0 at scsibus0: cd present 208282 x 2048 byte records
I have a IIvx with an internal Apple cd300 at scsi ID3, and I'm using the
binaries from puma (I think they are from July/August).

Can anyone help?

Also, has anyone managed to get something more than a strange click from
the loudspeaker? A simple beep would be really nice :-)

Thomas

| Thomas Bjorn Andersen, bjorn@daimi.aau.dk                  |
| http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~bjorn/                            |
My name is Mud, but call me Aloysius Devadander Abercrombie.
                                                 -- Primus