Subject: Re: NetBSD for Macintosh Status
To: Eldee Stephens III <eldees@caladan.chattanooga.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/12/1995 21:27:18
> Greetings!

And to you the same!  :-)

> Is it running on 68040 Macs yet?

Not in the way that you would like, I'm sure (the SCSI doesn't work on
the ncr53c96, yet, and the internal ethernet won't work yet, either).

> Can you use multiple operating systems?

What do you mean?

> What are its current system requirements?

Pretty much same as before.  You'll want at least 5MB of RAM (more than
8MB is more comfortable) and probably at least an 80MB disk to have some
breathing room..

> What software has been ported?

Most software compiles easily (i.e., no need to port it ;-)  A B&W X
server is available (X11R6)--color should be easy if someone makes the
kernel mods to switch modes and load CLUTs.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>