Subject: Re: System Hang.
To: None <kevin@spef.syr.ge.com>
From: Steve Allen <allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/12/1995 09:22:16
On Oct 12,  9:02am, kevin@spef.syr.ge.com wrote:
>2) Which SCSI drivers are in the wormy tar balls?
>   Just curious.  It's taken 3 weeks to get the time to install this far.

I don't keep notes on what features are in the tarballs, so this is off the
top of my head, and could be erroneous...

There are two versions of each of the kernels on eskimo.  The earlier
one was built before the SCSI driver changed, the later one after the
new driver stabilized to where it was usable.  Unfortunatly, the sup
server went down just after that one was built, so I haven't been able
to incorporate the fixes/speedups that have happened since then.

> Sorry if the tone of this note is at all inflamatory.  It is just soooo
>frustrating to be so close and yet not quite there.

Yeah, I know how that goes.  The new sup server came on line just about
a week ago, and I've had at least a dozen times where the sup started
but failed partway through.  I haven't yet managed a complete sup.  I
finally gave up and fetched the tarballs last night (dated Oct. 11, so
they should be fairly current ;-).  If I'm lucky, I should have new
tarballs on eskimo later this weekend, or very early next week.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com
"Dang, I know I left it here somewhere!" "What?" "My mind. I've lost my mind!"

Death to all fanatics!