Subject: Re: Remap Mouse-Buttons in X
To: Peter Kohler <kohler@ife.ee.ethz.ch>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/12/1995 11:22:17
> I looked in the mailinglist and FAQ, but couldn't find a hint how to
> change this mapping (can it be done with xmodmap, or is it compiled
> into the X-Server?). Thanks for any hint!

Actually, the two key combinations are remapped to mouse events in the
ADB driver, so you'll have to patch the source and recompile a kernel.

Yeah, it would be useful if you could change it without compiling a
kernel, but thanks to this architecture, I could manage to put Apple
Extended Mouse Protocol support (= 2 to 8 buttons) into the kernel
without changing the X side at all ;-)

I don't think it'd be too hard to do the same for John's ADB driver,
but right now, I'm swamped by FPE (floating point emulation)
debugging....

ken