Subject: Which AU/X partions are recognized?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <kevin@spef.syr.ge.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/10/1995 11:12:04
Hello all,

  I finally got the time to get wormey 9-19-95 snap shot installed on
my SyQuest EZ135 drive.  Things are looking realy good so far :)

  Time now for the usual coupe of questions:

1) Which partion types should be recognized?
    obviously:
       root [& usr]  as sd?a
       swap          as sd?b
       disk          as sd?c
       usr           as sd?g

     Now to get around this ufs type 2 inode structure thing I'd like
     to make another partion  XXXXX   as sd?h  for instance.  Will this
     work with either the MacOS install utility and/or the bsd68k?

     I tried a couple of different aux filesystem types and got back
     that the device /dev/sd?[e,f,h] were all either unconfigured or
     I think pointed to my 2M MacOS partion that I use for booting.

2) Which SCSI drivers are in the wormy tar balls?
   Just curious.  It's taken 3 weeks to get the time to install this far.
   Not likly I'll have the time to contribut anything signifacant.

Kevin
kevin@spef.syr.ge.com