Subject: ADB Kernel Test Results
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/09/1995 16:01:50
Hello all,
I know it's been more than a "few days" like I promised, but here are the
results of my "adb direct" test kernel.

Machines tested: II, IIsi, IIvx, Color Classic, LC III, PB145, P600, C650,
	         Q700, Q900

Machines passed: IIsi, IIvx, LC III, P600, Q900

Machines failed: II, Color Classic, PB145, C650, Q700

Of the machines that passed, there were some problems with X and using the
debugger, but I sort of expected that.

The most suprising result was that the Q900 worked (at least up to the point
when it tried to access the SCSI devices). The specs seem to imply
that ADB on this machine is IOP based, but perhaps it was running in "VIA"
mode or something.

I am planning on working further on this, to (hopefully) make it work with
more machines and will post another test kernel in the future.

Thanks to those who were brave enough to test.

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504