Subject: Mosaic?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Frederick Kaplan <sfkaplan@cs.utexas.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/20/1995 00:04:25
Hi all.  I am making an effort to compiled Mosaic 2.6 for NetBSD/Mac
(and I'd be happy to share the binary with everyone, if I can make it
work!)  So, first, questions:

1) Obvious question.  Has this been done already?  If so, is the
binary all ready out there?  No point in wasting my time.

2) The libXmx section of the source requires the Xm library...well,
specifically, it seems to want the Xm includes to compile the files in
that directory.  I have installed X from the X.11Mar95 distribution,
and under /usr/X11R6/include, there is no Xm subdirectory.  And,
there's no /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.a hanging around either.  Is there
something I'm missing from X?  Or is there a way around this in
building Mosaic?  Or is the a library I should get somewhere else
(where?) and compile and install it first?

Thanks for the help!  And I have to say, now that I'm finally running
NetBSD/Mac full time, I'm really happy with it.  Nice work!

Scott Kaplan
sfkaplan@cs.utexas.edu