Subject: Re: Is IIcx compatible with new MRG kernels ?
To: Brian R. Gaeke <brg@dgate.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/14/1995 07:29:12
Doug Scoular:
	[ Asking about IIcx with current kernels... ]

I'm running the current kernels on puma--which is a 20MB IIcx.  They run
fine.  It would help to know what problems you're having.  You might
check that:
	* You have Mode32 and it is enabled (I'm using version 7.5 on
	  my IIcx)
	* 32-bit addressing is turned on
	* VM is turned off
	* RAMDoubler is disabled, if you have it

> You can use the 'disklabel' command from the Install Utility (Mac-side)
> to get an idea of what NetBSD thinks your disk looks like.

You can also use the 'disklabel' command inside a running kernel.
NetBSD's current partitioning scheme will not see any partitions after
the first 8 on the disk (effectively 5 or 6, depending on how much junk
APS is leaving around).  Cleaning up the partitioning code has been on
my list for quite a while...

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **