Subject: boot problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Russ Albright <ralbrig@clemson.clemson.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/11/1995 21:13:04
I have a Mac SE/30 with the XCEED color 30hr video card. The card
is only 2 months old. I am having difficulty getting my computer to boot.
I had minimal success with the original 1.0 kernal but my the system would
hang shortly after booting. I tried several of the more recent kernals
that are to eliminate the keyboard hang problem. However, upon using each
of these
kernals I get the error messages:

        Error -43 trying to open slot 0x9 video down
        Error 0 processing video slot 0x9 spsrcld0x96.

I am booting with the 1.8 booter.

Could there be a problem with my XCEED video card because it
is the newer "Color 30hr" version?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Russ