Subject: Re: Cross development on sparc?
To: Bob Deblier <bob@pimc.be>
From: Charles J. Williams <chas@ohm.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/30/1995 10:06:24
In message <9508301123.AA17089@pimc.be>,Bob Deblier writes:
>You see: cross-compilation isn't the problem. gcc 2.7.0 can indeed produce
>relocatables for macbsd. But for building libraries and linking you need
>tools like 'ar', 'ld', 'as', 'ranlib', 'strip' and 'nm'

I have successfully cross compiled binaries from sparc-solaris for my
mac.  I was using gcc-2.5.8 but i had built the gas/nm/ar/ld/as/ranlib/strip/nm
from netbsd.  i had tried using binutils but there wasn't enough support
for netbsd.

I have recently stopped and tar/gzipped all my work (the last sources i had
"ported" to solaris where 19 july)

i had actually built shared libraries, etc, etc and it all seemed to work
(except for my kernel, apparently there where some problems with gcc on that)

if there any interest i could try to get these sources available and try
to make a release of the cross compiler system