Subject: Re: enabling m88k-elf in binutils
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
From: Maki <mk2s@digitalcommute.com>
List: port-m88k
Date: 07/16/2005 17:45:59
Chris,

On Jul 15, 2005, at 3:37 PM, Chris Tribo wrote:

> <snip>
>> I'm not an expert on elf, but have some hope that this is doable.  I
>> was wondering if anyone on the list had documentation about the
>> platform/processor(that is 88k) specific ABI.  I'm guessing and making
>> stuff up as I go from looking at disassembled relocatables and
>> executables from the SysV/88k, but it occurred to me that I should ask
>> to see if anyone out there has 88k specific elf specs or 88Open ABI
>> specs.(not really sure what this is but have seen references to it,
>> and
>> sounded relevant)  I could really use help in this matter.
>
> Someone on the list had them. I think it was Allen.

Yes, with the help of this list I was able to find a copy of the 88k
specific ABI for elf.  As for the status of the gcc 88k elf effort, I'm
taking a little break(to be honest, I haven't gotten past the
"research" stage) and don't expect to get back to it until later this
summer.  If I make any progress, this list will be the first to know.
Also some intermediate status might get posted at the www.m88k.org site
in the form of a blog entry.

Cheers,