Subject: Re: Sony GDM-1601 + Data General 8 B/P Graphics Board
To: Matthew Hudson <mhudson@home.com>
From: salo <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: port-m88k
Date: 09/19/2001 01:46:28
hi,

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 05:17:48PM -0500, Matthew Hudson wrote:

> Your DG PN005034269 number matches mine in my AV530. And I know that
> is a DG part number. My monitor is a Color Display Model number 6487.
> My monitor is the same chasis used in a lot of older SGI monitors
> although I can't tell you who manufactures that particular chasis.
> I was hoping to find a jumper for setting the output frequency but
> no luck.
>
> http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/datageneral/6487.html

mine is Sony GDM-1601/08. as i see at these pages, its frequency little
differs from your ones:

  http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/sony/gdm1601.html
  http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/sony/gdm160106.html

> That is a link to the specs of this monitor. Maybe you can find
> another monitor with similar sync frequencies.

  mine -  H Freq/ V Freq: 63.34khz / 59.98hz
  your -  H Freq/ V Freq: 64khz / 60hz

do you think this is different enough to do not work properly?
could be there problem with 50ohm cables? (i doubt it, but i want to be sure)

i am not sure if this machine was used exactly with this monitor and i have no
chance to find it out..

regards,

--
--   salo <salo@Xtrmntr.org>         ASCII Ribbon campaign against   /"\   --