Subject: Re: port for Data General 88K
To: Eddie Lehman <elehman@sunflower.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-m88k
Date: 03/24/2001 10:45:56
> Do you know anything about ports for the 88K?

As far as I know, there isn't much going on toward this.  I've
personally been planning on working on it for a while.  I started
disassembling the ROMs in one of my two systems, and I have some
documentation for a similar system.  I've been promised the ELF
ABI for the m88k (so that we can get toolchain support for ELF/m88k),
but that hasn't materialized yet.  The GNU toolchain doesn't seem
to support the m88k very well any more.

Tohru has done some work, too, as you might be able to tell from the
archives.  I think his interest in primarily in the Omron Luna.

In any case, there's some interest, but it's no one's priority since
the machines are relatively old and no one is interested in paying
for development.  ;-)

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service