Subject: RE: Hmm. Someone have a spare AV530 or AV4600?
To: 'Matthew Hudson' <mhudson@home.com>
From: Ian Wells <I.Wells@tarragon-et.co.uk>
List: port-m88k
Date: 02/20/2001 15:53:52
> jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de wrote:
> >
> > On 16 Feb, Matthew Hudson wrote:
> >
> > > Or if anyone knows of someone that may have a machine
> available for
> > > him it would be a great start.
> > I have a AV5500, that I can make available on the net. (Fixed,
> > permanently connected IPs with 2MBit uplink.) I can provide a second
> > machine as console and boot server.
>
> The problem is we only have the docs needed to code the AV530
> or AV4600
> system. But it is a step that would allow development for other AV
> systems. Thanks but he really needs an AV530 or AV4600.

5500's with DGUX on will be able to do compile m88k ELF.  Since this might
be useful, I'd set it up with DGUX on it and make it available as somewhere
to do compilations...  I don't know how Steve's getting on (or if he's
listening) but he might find it useful to have around, if only for the
object file dumpers (which are incredibly useful if you're not sure whether
your ELF file is quite right - I speak from experience here) and for
interoperability testing.