Subject: RE: NetBSD suggested port
To: None <port-m88k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Parkinson <tim.parkinson@ccrlimited.co.uk>
List: port-m88k
Date: 02/15/2001 10:27:56
{SNIP}
>You will probably find that you have
>an mc88100, but not an mc88200.  NetBSD currently requires >hardware
>memory management support, which is on the mc88200...  :-(

It's nice to see a little interest in this again.  I've just booted the box
under my desk (hardware that used to run our 2D body scanner), and gotten:

[SYMCAD.root /] uname -a
Master_3_0 SYMCAD 4.0 R40v1.5 m88k mc88110

I guess this is the same family as  88100, which probably means no NetBSD at
all, right?

Tim Parkinson -Technical Manager
Computer Clothing Research Ltd
http://www.ccrlimited.co.uk/

"IMPORTANT: This E-mail communication is confidential and intended for the
named recipient only.  If this message is received by anyone other than the
addressee, please return it to the sender by replying to it and then delete
the message from the computer."