Subject: Re: The usual query
To: Ian Wells <I.Wells@tarragon-et.co.uk>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-m88k
Date: 01/31/2001 22:50:20
> It's a bit boring to see it again, but I'm after an m88k OS for my AV5500.

Heh.  Still stagnating here, as far as I know.  I'm finally doing more
NetBSD development, but nothing on the m88k at the moment.  At least I'm
not saturating myself with NT stuff during the day.  :-)
Someone has been doing some work, but I'll let him speak up if he wants to.
I have been too busy (lame) to look much at his progress and do some
myself.

> (a) In the last few weeks, I've mailed Steve Murphree a load of 88k/ELF
> details from the Prentice Hall AT&T reference manuals, which we happened to
> have at work.  He was going to have a look at GNU binutils to see how
> difficult an ELF port would be.

Great!  Do you have these in a soft copy?  I've been looking for 88k/ELF
docs on and off for quite a while.  I'd really like to have ELF working
early on...

> (b) I've got an AV5500 complete with DG/UX and a cable modem, and a mvme88k
> on loan (but no chassis to put it in at the moment), so theoretically I can
> do some development.  In practice, I'm usually too lazy. ;-)

Heh.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service