Subject: The usual query
To: 'port-m88k@netbsd.org' <port-m88k@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Wells <I.Wells@tarragon-et.co.uk>
List: port-m88k
Date: 01/31/2001 11:33:08
It's a bit boring to see it again, but I'm after an m88k OS for my AV5500.
I mail round mailing lists periodically to see what's going on.

Anyway, on a slightly more useful front:

(a) In the last few weeks, I've mailed Steve Murphree a load of 88k/ELF
details from the Prentice Hall AT&T reference manuals, which we happened to
have at work.  He was going to have a look at GNU binutils to see how
difficult an ELF port would be.

(b) I've got an AV5500 complete with DG/UX and a cable modem, and a mvme88k
on loan (but no chassis to put it in at the moment), so theoretically I can
do some development.  In practice, I'm usually too lazy. ;-)

--
Ian.