Port-m68k archive

Re: SMP support for 680[34]0 ?

> Am I correct in my belief that there's currently no support for
> shared-memory multiprocessing in any of the 68k port?

AFAIK you are correct.

> And that there is in fact no supported systems with an SMP option?

(Also AFAIK) no supported SMP m68k systems.

> The only port that mentions SMP seems to be luna68k (for the Luna-II),
> and more as a rumor than a fact.

Actually LUNA-II seems to have a socket for the optional
(secondary?) processor around 68040 on its motherboard,
 https://twitter.com/tsutsuii/status/356427858018701312
but I have seen no article about such actual hardware options.

> Does anyone knows about SMP 680[34]0 boxes supporting a UNIX(-like) OS ?

No idea.

Anyway, if there is ~no real hardware, I'm afraid very
few people (developers) are interested in SMP support
(that is too complex).

---
Izumi Tsutsui