Subject: Re: [RFC] Type of long double on ColdFire
To: None <port-m68k@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-m68k
Date: 12/12/2005 13:28:17
this has turned far enough that it doesn't make sense to keep
codesourcery/coldfire list in the loop, so I return discussion to
port-m68k...

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 04:19:38PM +0000, Paul Brook wrote:
> > I don't understand the coldfire issue at all.
>
> Maybe you should. I don't believe any of the above discussion is
> relevant.  NetBSD doesn't even support ColdFire. Part of of my my
> original proposal was that m68k and ColdFire are sufficiently
> different that for practical purposes they're separate architectures.

some obvious questions: is there any interest for v4 coldfire support
for NetBSD?  it is unreasonable to pursue a common 68k lowest-common-
denominator ABI for NetBSD?

I'd like to see both.  there is a paucity of packages available for m68k
ports under netbsd-2-0 and netbsd-2 branches; having a working v4 port
would make bulkbuilds faster.

              "silly brewer, saaz are for pils!"  --  virt