Subject: 1.6 on a 190CS?
To: None <port-m68k@netbsd.org>
From: Chris McKenzie <cjmckenzie@ucdavis.edu>
List: port-m68k
Date: 02/01/2005 03:39:20
Hello,

I have a PowerBook 190CS which as far as lowendmac says, was one of the
last 68K PowerBooks.  I took a hard drive that I had in an SE/30 with
NetBSD 1.6.2 on it and put it on the external SCSI bus of the laptop.
Then I tried to boot into NetBSD from the laptop.  I tried disabling a few
things, it wouldn't boot with the default settings. However, for every
configuration I tried, it never gets past this point:

scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle.

To help with a diagnosis of what to do about this, I took a few pictures of
it.

http://qaa.ath.cx/nbsd/screen.jpg
Is a picture of the screen when it locks up and basically the dmesg that
I can't get at.

http://qaa.ath.cx/nbsd/hardware.jpg
Is a picture of how the hardware is set up.  There are two external drives
but I am really only using one of them (the top one to be specific - a
1000 MB Apple Drive - the one that I used on my SE/30)

http://qaa.ath.cx/nbsd/model.jpg
Is a picture of the laptop with the model number for reference.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

Sincerely,
	Christopher J. McKenzie