Subject: Re: src
To: None <port-m68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: port-m68k
Date: 01/08/2005 23:24:59
In article <mail2news-2005-01-07-20-36-18-15141@zhadum.de>,
	"idx.adrian_mayer" <speeder@aliceposta.it> writes:
> i'd like to port neTBSD to my board (that is MC68060 IDP by Motorola).
> I can't find the source of netBSD 68k port.

There is no "m68k" port. "m68k" is a CPU architecture which is used
by various ports e.g. NetBSD-amiga, NetBSD-mac68k or NetBSD-sun3.

> Where can i downlaod it ?

The sources are part of the NetBSD kernel sources. Please have a look
at this page ...

	http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/

... to find out how to retrieve sources for the current development
version of NetBSD called "NetBSD-current".

> Also i need information about how to code the 68060 MMU.

You don't need to implement that part. NetBSD already works on 68060 CPUs.
Mostly (or only?) Amiga computers with 68060 CPU accelerator boards
or the 68060 CPU based Amiga clone "DraCo".

> And i'd like to see how to port netBSD to a new board.

You might want to take a look at Valeriy Ushakov's presentation
"Porting NetBSD to JavaStation-NC" for the EuroBSDCon 2002.
You can find it here:

	http://2002.eurobsdcon.org/papers/ushakov.ps

It provides a roadmap for porting NetBSD to a new hardware platform.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/