Subject: Re: compiling openssl
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org, port-m68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-m68k
Date: 10/25/2002 23:51:28
--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

hello,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 08:24:19PM -0400, webmaster@datazap.net wrote:
> Hi Ignatios,
>=20
> On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>=20
> > Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 07:42:19 +0200
> > From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
> > To: port-amiga@netbsd.org
> > Subject: Re: compiling openssl
> >
> > Hi W. Master,
> >
> > On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 07:29:33PM -0400, webmaster@datazap.net wrote:
> >
> > > ... I have:
> > >
> > > M68060=3DYES
> > > COPTS+=3D-O3 -m68060
> > > CFLAGS+=3D-m68060
> >
> > btw, are you aware that binaries thus created will NOT run on 68020
> > and 68030, because they use floating point instructions that only
> > 68040 and 68060 have available?
>=20
>=20
> I was unaware of that, but my feeling is that I would like to make the
> server as fast as possible. This server does take a few hits, take a look
> at http://www.datazap.net/analog/ , and yes 1 Amiga 2000 with a 68060 is
> serving 14 gigs of traffic a day without a problem.
>=20
> Anyway, compiling some things with COPTS+=3D-O3 -m68060 seems to have mad=
e a
> large differents in performace, and I would really like to compile openssl
> for the 68060 with the packaging system. Right now it only compiles for
> the 68020-40 cpu. Could you let me in on how to get openssl to compile for
> the 68060?

I have no debugged recipe, but after doing "make extract patch" you get a
Configure script in .../pkgsrc/security/openssl/work/openssl that has a
line saying

"NetBSD-m68k" .... -O2 -m68020-40 ...

So...

cd .../pkgsrc/security/openssl; make extract patch; vi work/openssl/Configu=
re

change that line to say -m68060, or (safer) -m68020-60

make

*should* build you a 68060-specialized openssl library.=20

But I only quickly looked at Configure. You do the testing.

	-is
--=20
seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g