Subject: Re: unified bus_dma for m68k?
To: None <port-m68k@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-m68k
Date: 04/10/2002 01:19:43
I've taken the next68k bus_dma and done basically s/NEXT68K/M68k/g and
s/next68k/m68k/g on it.  That's now in m68k/m68k/bus_dma.c.  Currently,
the only customer of this is the mac68k port.

I can look at changing other ports and posting diffs.  I need to set up
a mvme167 system.  It and my next68k slab are currently inoperable.  :-(

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 09:33:11PM +0200, Hauke Fath wrote:
> An additional thought: The dmamap_sync() code will have to deal with 2nd
> level caches somehow. What would be the proper way of introducing a hook
> for cache management?

I don't see a clean way at the moment.  It should probably go thought
the m68k/cacheops somehow--perhaps a system-specific override?

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...