Subject: Re: newbie: netbsd port on M68en302?
To: Aran <aran@de-flux.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-m68k
Date: 02/01/2002 22:28:52
On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 11:36:15AM +0100, Aran wrote:
> Just a newbie question: I have to find a suitable operating system for
> a system based on a M68en302 processor. I understand the fact this
> system doesn't have a MMU might be a problem. Is there a NetBSD port
> available for this system? How hard is it to implement? What problems
> am I likely to run in to?

NetBSD needs an MMU.  theoretically it should be possible for someone to
recode the VM layer to not require it, but nobody's done that yet.

do you have requirements that need a full-blown unix environment?  there
are plenty of RTOSes available that may work just fine for you.  (RTEMS
comes to mind.  http://www.rtems.com/)

      "[...] I generally haven't found IDM guys to be very good
       live acts, most of them just sit down at their laptop and
       tweak reaktor."  -- Brandon Daniel