Subject: Re: Basic 68060 Design
To: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
From: Ken Seefried <ken@seefried.com>
List: port-m68k
Date: 01/04/2002 15:12:10
Aaron J. Grier writes:

> d'oh... I misread that as 68360 for some reason.  (too much
> 68331-on-the-brain.)

No MMU?  Why would that be fun. :-)

> best I could find was (a badly scanned) copy of the user manual...

You can get the original PDF on the Motorola web site if you are suitibly
clever.

> and a minimal eval for the 68030, which I suppose isn't much use:

No...quite different.  However, it's possible (and documented) to use a
68060 in a 68040 design.  That might be a starting point lacking other
options.

> there are the 68060-based MVME177 boards, but looking over documentation
> for them doesn't reveal anything useful.

I've got a 177.  Very, very sweet board, but really not what I am trying to
accomplish.

> I've always dreamed of home-brewing a 68k NetBSD
> system of my own.  let us know if you succeed!

Will do.

Ken