Subject: Re: What's the current status of the FPE?
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Tod McQuillin <devin@spamcop.net>
List: port-m68k
Date: 04/29/2001 12:24:15
On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Allen Briggs wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 02:39:51AM -0500, Tod McQuillin wrote:
> > Has anyone tested Ignatios Souvatzis's recent m68k FPE changes?  They were
> > intended to improve lc040 support but I haven't heard from anyone whether
> > they improve the situation on lc040 macs.
>
> I have tested them on a C610 with what I think is a buggy LC040 and
> I still see problems.

Likewise on my pb540c (with the current-20010421 snapshot) -- segfaults
right and left.  I'm not 100% certain whether my LC040 is buggy or not
either.

> > Have is's changes been moved to the release branch yet?
>
> It looks like they were pulled up to the 1.5 branch on 26 September,
> so 1.5, even, should have them.

Are you sure we're talking about the same changes?  It sounded like the
changes were brand new on January 5th, judging from this post:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-m68k/2001/01/05/0001.html
--
Tod McQuillin