Subject: Re: ldconfig and ld.aout_so on m68k ELF
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Steve Woodford <steve@mctavish.co.uk>
List: port-m68k
Date: 04/02/2001 09:17:43
On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> I've made a patch to allow enabling/disabling alternate
> /emul/aout path search by options COMPAT_AOUT_ALTPATH.
> ld.aout_so seems to work properly on it without changes.
> (i.e. it can find shlibs under /emul/aout/usr/lib.)
>
> Any comments/suggestions are appreciate.

Whoa, that was a fair bit of work. ;-)

I say go ahead and commit the changes, but it would also be a good idea to
add the COMPAT_AOUT_ALTPATH option to the GENERIC config file of each m68k
port which has been converted to ELF, along with a brief comment
describing what it does.

Also, the `m68k-options' section of the options(4) man page should be
updated to reflect both COMPAT_AOUT_ALTPATH and COMPAT_AOUT_M68K. (Yes, it
looks like I was lame and forgot to add the latter...)

Cheers, Steve