Subject: Re: ldconfig and ld.aout_so on m68k ELF
To: None <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-m68k
Date: 03/20/2001 05:53:47
In <Pine.WNT.4.32.0103191344310.-4561-100000@xpc.int.duh.org>
tv@wasabisystems.com wrote:

> : i386 and sparc have ldconfig and ld.so for a.out.
> : Should we build and install them on ELF m68k ports, too?
>
> Yes, using the same uuencode method.

Which version should we use for ld.so binary to uuencode?
In 1.5-RELEASE, 1.5.1_ALPHA or latest -current?

> Note that COMPAT_AOUT is still available; it's just not listed in GENERIC.

I guess COMPAT_AOUT_M68K handles some other stuff which is not
done by COMPAT_AOUT. I want to enable only such functions,
but do not require /emul/aout alternative path search,
which is also enabled by COMPAT_AOUT_M68K.
(I'm still using mule-1.1 a.out binary on m68k :-)
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp