Subject: Re: question about sys/arch/m68k/m68k/copypage.s
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@maailma.yok.utu.fi>
List: port-m68k
Date: 02/07/2001 20:20:17
On 07-Hel-01, Ignatios wrote:

>>>        movl        %a0@+,%a1@+
>>>        dbf        %d0,Lmlloop

> How do you expect to optimize copying page-aligned, page-sized data more
> than that?

Well, I did say that... that... um, something. Oh, yeah:
I said that "I just started thinking" and "I never got the hang of..."
and "I don't know" and "... well, just thinking aloud". I also said
other words, but I don't quote them all.

But to quote the nice tagline often seen on NetBSD lists
(don't remember whose it it):

"I probably don't know what I'm talking about"

So maybe I should shut up and finally start doing those push-ups
(its about time, too).

No, really: I didn't expect to optimize, I expressed an (ignorant,
granted) opinion about a possibility of an optimization.

--
Arto Huusko  --  WWW: http://maailma.yok.utu.fi/
                  ** Divecalc **