Subject: fpu emulation on LC040 - did it ever work?
To: None <port-m68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.kleinbus.org>
List: port-m68k
Date: 01/04/2001 23:24:08
--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

Hi,

I was working on adding the necessary twoliner which would make the 040 branch
of the fpu_calcea.c work for the LC060 or  68060 with disabled FPU, too...

I noticed something strange, which might be a CPU bug on my machine, but even
with my workaround, it still didn't work.

I know have a nearly working system, which basically ignores the hardware
speedups in the 68LC040/68040V/68LC060/68060V/68060withdisabledFPU floating
point emulation exception stack frame (only restores the instruction PC onto
the stack frame).

This makes me very much wonder whether it ever worked on a LC040 system.
Can anybody confirm this? A few positive reports would help me, too.

(Because what I needed to do -- see above --- would result in slightly lower
FPE performance on LC040. At least until I find the bug.)

Reply-To set to port-m68k.

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/