Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-m68k
Date: 05/15/2000 21:40:28
On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 12:29:47AM -0400, Kevin P. Neal wrote:
> On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 06:37:53PM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> > Do the systems that have problems with `tas' also have problems with
> > `cas'?  If `cas' is okay, I can write a version that uses `cas' (tho
> > I think it might be one or two instructions longer :-)
>
> I think the restriction, at least on the Amiga, was that no instruction
> should be used that used the "special read-modify-write bus cycle."

Yes. This is correct. For _the_ Amiga. (later called Amiga 1000), which has
only chipmem. (that is, memory controlled by the Fancy Amiga DMA Engine).
Machines with seperated fastmem and chipmem (e.g. any with cpu accellerators
that also provide memory, and A3000 and A4000 (and the DraCo, which has no
"real" chipmem) are safe as long as fastmem ist used.

Regards,
	-is