Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-m68k
Date: 05/15/2000 00:29:47
On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 06:37:53PM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> Do the systems that have problems with `tas' also have problems with
> `cas'?  If `cas' is okay, I can write a version that uses `cas' (tho
> I think it might be one or two instructions longer :-)

I think the restriction, at least on the Amiga, was that no instruction
should be used that used the "special read-modify-write bus cycle."

Dunno if that answers your question or not...

"It sounded pretty good, but it's hard to tell how it will work out
in practice." -- Dennis Ritchie, ~1977, "Summary of a DEC 32-bit machine"