Subject: Re: Emulation of m68k SysV binaries?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@melog.de>
List: port-m68k
Date: 11/26/1997 10:11:09
At 13:39 25.11.97 -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>On Tue, 25 Nov 1997 15:34:01 -0500 (EST)
> Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > There's not much to share; it's only a little hook to grab a trap and
> > transform it into a syscall.  That goes in machdep.c, which is individual
> > among each m68k port, so it really can't be shared anyhoo.
>
>Um... there's all of the signal handing goo.  That is certainly not going
>to be the same as NetBSD.

Ummm... Back to my original question:

What would it take to run NCR SYSVR3 (or 3.2) binaries on m68k/mac68k?
Would I find all there is to know in the NCR's /usr/include ?

How standard are system calls? What else is involved? How much do SYSVR3
and SYSVR4 differ wrt. the kernel interface?

	hauke

--
Hauke Fath                              Melog Software GmbH
                                        D-69115 Heidelberg