Subject: /usr/include/m68k/setjmp.h: _JBCEN 17 why?
To: None <port-m68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arthur Hoffmann <hoffmann@it.ntu.edu.au>
List: port-m68k
Date: 02/04/1996 13:46:14
Hi,
I am trying very hard to get postgres to run on my Amiga 3000 running
NetBSD 1.1. The problem is that initdb comes back with the following
error message:

WARN:fmgr_info: function 0: cache lookup failed

longjmp botch.
Illegal instruction - core dumped
initdb: could not create template database
initdb: cleaning up.

I checked every occurrence of longjmp and siglongjmp in the postgres
source and made sure that the type for "buf" was appropriate. ie. that
sigjmp_buf and jmp_buf were used correctly. That all was fine, then I
went and checked what the jmp_buf and sigjmp_buf represent. I found
that they are declared in /usr/include/m68k/setjmp.h
there it says:

#define      _JBLEN  17              /* size, in longs, of a jmp_buf
*/

Well I wanted to know what the 17 was supposed to mean, but couldn't
find any info on it. I then went and checked the include files of a
SUN3 computer and there I found that _JBLEN is defined to be 58!
What is the meaning of this?

Btw. I changed my include file from 17 to 58, but I get exactly the
same result. I really don't know where to look anymore.

The funny thing is that postgres works just fine on the i386 port of
NetBSD1.1. (their _JBLEN is 10)

Could someone please enlighten me?Arthur.

__
Arthur Hoffmann                                 hoffmann@it.ntu.edu.au
========I need a Quantum LPS240 SCSI Hard disk: Dead or Alive=======
++++++++I need a SCSI Scanner - TWAIN compliant              +++++++