Subject: m68k locore.s enhancement.
To: None <port-m68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
List: port-m68k
Date: 11/28/1995 17:37:31
I have tried one form of this on an amiga, and the system still boots and
multitasks.

I'm not sure if this is true on all the other 68k ports, but the amiga
port decides, before each MMU operation, whether to do the '040 form or
the '030/881 form.

It seems to be a SMOP to provide hooks for an "only '030" or "only '040"
kernel, which does not do this.

This seems to (for the '040) produce a quite detectable increase in
performance.

Any suggestions, or reasons this option would be bad?  My assupmtion
would be that the current code would survive, but would be dependant
on both M68040 and M68030 beinf defined for.

-s
being, that is.