Subject: Re: 68K FPU emulation & sup
To: None <leo@ahwau.ahold.nl, amiettin@trshp.trs.ntc.nokia.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-m68k
Date: 11/14/1995 12:58:17
> > Hello. I just subscribed this list. Apparently you have been talking
> > about FPU emulation.
> >
> > Is someone working on supporting m68k platforms without FPU?

> Yes there is. Ken Nakata (kenn@remus.rutgers.edu) is working on it.
> Although it is not yet complete, there is enough done to get a very
> useful system up and running.
> Currently there are mac68k and atari kernels running with the fpu-emulator.

Thanks Leo.

For those brave enough to want to try it "as is": The latest snapshot
of the m68k FPE (floating-point emulator) source is available at
ftp://remus.rutgers.edu/pub/NetBSD/test_kernels/.  File name is
fpe.MMDDYY.tar.gz.  Please read the instructions in README.fpe and
README in the archive.  At the moment it's about 10 days old, but I'm
planning to resume the work as soon as I finish this silly homework
assignment that I'm doing (a `toy shell' programming project).

ken