Subject: Re: Are the 68k ports binary compatible?
To: None <chammer@phyd2hammer.uni-bielefeld.de>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: port-m68k
Date: 09/21/1995 17:01:02
All except for hp300, which is called m68k4k due to it's pagesize of
4K instead of 8K.  I don't understand why noone has done emulation for
these incompatibilities though...  We could just specialcase the
boundaries or just skip demand-paging and load the lot unprotected.
It should be doable, no?  Someone (Theo?) suggested this to me when I
asked about the possibilities of doing a NCR tower32 emulation and it
seems simple enough to me.

Perhaps I'm just mistaken, and we already can emulate criss/cross
m68k/m68k4k binaries...

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG	WWW:   Here
Sweden