Subject: Re: hp zx6000
To: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Takayoshi Kochi <takayoshi.kochi@gmail.com>
List: port-ia64
Date: 12/21/2007 00:19:21
Hi,

> I get hp zx6000 (Itanium2 1GHz x2).  I want to work NetBSD/ia64 on this
> machine.  Please teach a present support status.

Great!
Welcome to the Itanium world :)

The development has stalled for a long time :(
I don't think it's compiling now.

Once the cross toolchain works, I think the EFI loader works.
But any of the platform related code (BIOS, ACPI, bus_*, interrupts
etc.) are either
not written yet or checked in. So I think it's long way to run the kernel
on real machines.

The last status (one year ago) was that only basic pmap stuff and
emulation console on SKI simulator were working.

For boot on a real machine, I suppose the shortest cut is to make a serial
console driver (the  HP hardware has a MMIO-based serial interface, which
can be discovered via ACPI but can be hardcoded the address).

--
Takayoshi Kochi