Subject: Re: h/w failure
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Cherry G. Mathew <cherry@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-ia64
Date: 06/28/2006 14:25:05
On 6/27/06, Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Cherry G. Mathew wrote:
> > My laptop just died on me. Unless someone feels generously inclined to
> > rectify the situation, its very likely that I won't be in a position
> > to contribute much until I have ubiquitous access to proper computing.
> > :-(
>
> I can send you a bit via paypal if that helps to bring the IA64 port

It's great to be part of this community!

> forward. What's the "donation goal" that you need to get your laptop
> fixed? :)

After a bit of googling and some sniffing around the lappie:

It looks like this problem:
http://www.joshoakhurst.com/?p=231

Apple shouldn't get away with this kind of nonsense!

If I'm lucky, this should be fixed by saturday for peanuts!
Thanks again,

--
~Cherry