Port-ia64 archive

Re: Kernel Exception "Page Not Present"

[...]

    Cherry> Sadly no... I wrote some printf() dump code and discovered
    Cherry> that the VHPT is empty.... so I think have a hot trail to
    Cherry> pursue tonight.

Luke just felt the force. :-)

The key is in exception.S:691 - 699

        st8     [r18]=r21,8             // store pte
        ;;
        st8     [r18]=r22,8
        ;;
        st8.rel [r18]=r19               // store new tag
        ;;
        itc.i   r21                     // and place in TLB
        ;;
        mov     pr=r17,0x1ffff          // restore predicates
        rfi

So the VHPT tables actually get updated inside the exception handler.

Thanks Marcel!

Cheers,

Cherry.