Subject: 82G33: 200k interrupts/s
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/25/2007 21:31:25
Hi,

I'm currently instaling a 4.0 system as web- and sql-server for a friend's
company, using an Intel DG33BU board (82G33-based). There is an annoying
problem with interrupts, which keep cpu0 of the dual-core CPU spending
50% of its time serving them!

vmstat -i:
ioapic0 pin 1                                   727        0
ioapic0 pin 20                                   75        0
ioapic0 pin 21                                 1644        1
ioapic0 pin 17                            235098935   206589
ioapic0 pin 22                                    1        0

Pin 17 is used by USB and IDE, but I'm using none of those at that time.
>From dmesg:
uhci2: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 17 (irq 9)
ehci0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 17 (irq 9)
pciide0: using ioapic0 pin 17 (irq 9) for native-PCI interrupt

I have read the mailing lists and there are more people with this problem,
but no solution. Is somebody working on it? Something I could try?
I even compiled a current kernel, but with the same effect! :(

Please put me into CC, as I'm currently not subscribed here.

Thanks in advance.

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank@phoenix.owl.de)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/