Subject: Re: Call for testers: ACPI suspend/resume, part 2
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org, port-i386@NetBSD.org,>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/19/2007 20:00:32
On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 07:41:53PM +0100, Matthias Drochner wrote:
> I've also added a NULL pmf_device_register() to the i915 drm
> code. This is perhaps not perfect, but since X is not active
> anyway when suspending it should be OK for now.

Please do not commit that.

> Now the box suspends. To make it wakeup without reset, I need the
> sysctl -w machdep.acpi_vbios_reset=0

Yeah, we have a number of that.

> And to get a display again, I also need the
> vbetool post
> The latter appearently conflicts with the automatic screen
> switching in the wscons suspend code; I'd suggest to remove
> that from the kernel and leave it to userland.

I disagree. You can still use the powerd script to switch to the console
first and I will commit more code for vbetool post in-kernel soon.

> The network (bge0: ASIC BCM5752 A2 (0x6002)) doesn't come up
> on resume, so I also need some /etc/rc.d/network stop/start.

The interface is stopping and reiniting itself on suspend/resume. Is
that with active network programs?

Joerg