Subject: Re: Call for testers: ACPI suspend/resume, part 2
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/18/2007 21:37:27
On 18/12/2007, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18/12/2007, Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca> wrote:
> > On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:

Chavdar Ivanov   | Talbot Way, Small Heath Business Park
Delcam UK        | Birmingham B10 0HJ, United Kingdom
Customer Support | (+44)121-6831014> > > acpi: sleep is not supported on MP.

> > Your kernel is not new enough.
>
> # uname -a
> NetBSD lisa 4.99.42 NetBSD 4.99.42 (GENERIC.MP) #7: Tue Dec 18
> 17:28:44 GMT 2007  root@lisa:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC.MP
> i386
>
> cvs up -dPA from an hour earlier (I also examined the cvs log - the
> only files marked with M were the drn stuff which has never worked for
> me without Yorick Hardy's patches).
>
> OK, I'll update once more and try again.

Me bad... of course. Rookie mistake. I booted my test kernel with

boot -c /testci

instead of

boot /testci -c

which of course resulted in booting the earlier kernel (four days old).

I built the new test without i915drm, reverting all the files touched
by the patch I mentioned; I had to disable bce*, bthub* and midi* to
get sleep_state to 3. It apparently goes to sleep well and then wakes
up, but nothing ever shows on screen. I'll try the package you
suggested (blindly typing 'poweroff' didn't). BTW I was in multiuser,
but not in X.