Subject: Re: Problems with ath(4) and interrupt sharing
To: Andrew Doran <ad@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/08/2007 22:24:37
	Hello.  I've been trying various fixes all afternoon in an effort to
get the ath(4) driver to play well with the auich(4) driver using the same
interrupt.  It seems that I have the same problem I described earlier in
this thread even if I arrange things so that the ath(4) driver never
acknowledges the interrupts.
	This leads me to wonder if sharing interrupts with the auich(4) driver
works at all under NetBSD-4.  In looking at the audio system, it appears as
though there's no sort of watchdog recovery mechanism in the event that a
piece of hardware misses an interrupt.  Sharing interrupts on NetBSD-3, at
least if the two devices are at the same interrupt priority, works fine.
	Does anyone hav any ideas on what I might try from here?

-thanks
-Brian