Subject: Re: Hard lockup with 4.0 RC5
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/04/2007 06:09:08
On Apr 25,  6:23pm, Pierre Pronchery wrote:
}
} I have here a machine, running 3.1_STABLE so far, that I just tried to
} run with a 4.0_RC5 kernel (compiled here). It locks up after "Kernelized
} RAIDframe activated". The incriminated dmesg is "dmesg-4.0_RC5.txt",
} attached to this mail.
}
} I also tried to run a stock 4.0_RC4 from the ftp servers, and it behaved
} identically. A 4.0_RC4 NOACPI kernel booted correctly though; its dmesg
} is in "dmesg-4.0_RC4_NOACPI.txt".
}
} For completeness, I also included the usual dmesg I get with 3.1_STABLE
} in "dmesg-3.1.txt".
}
} Interestingly enough, I just tried to add a couple network cards in
} there and they could not attach (sip and rtk), but I guess this would be
} something different.
}
} The machine is based on an Asus CUV4X-D:
} http://usa.asus.com/100/html/share/3/txt/60/pdf/cuv4x-d/cuv4x-d.zip
} It is SMP-capable, and I have two CPUs, but for some reason it only
} works with one (BIOS never saw more than one). Maybe the board is b0rk3d...

    Or, perhaps the BIOS is "b0rk3d".  Have you checked for a BIOS
update?  It is fairly rare that Asus doesn't post updates for a
motherboard.  Taking a look, I found three BIOS updates posted for your
motherboard.

}-- End of excerpt from Pierre Pronchery