Subject: Re: Problem get firefox Java-Plugin working
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Tietz <micha.tietz@web.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/02/2007 17:52:19
Hi all,

> That doesn't work. The binary Java plugin is a Linux binary which can
> only be used a Linux Firefox. Please set "MOZILLA_USE_LINUX= yes" in
> your "/etc/mk.conf" and build and use the "firefox-bin" package.

I applied the given hints, but the originally problem now is replaced by
another. After updating suse_compat-9.1nb1 to suse_compat-10.0nb3 with
dependencies I was able to install and start firefox-linux properly
(before that I was fighting against a symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5: undefined symbol: __sF).
about:plugins shows a registered java-plugin, but in case a applett
should be loaded, firefox-linux died with [1]   Segmentation fault (core
dumped) "${prog}" ${1+"$...
and couldn't restart. It argues, a process of it where be always
running, but I coudn't find any appropriate process (ps ax). BTW,
$HOME/.mozilla/plugins is removed.

So I will give up for time considerations, asking google in the days
between and proceed tracing java-problems a few weeks later. May be,
under NetBSD 4.0 ;-)

Thanks for all ideas

Michael