Subject: Re: fftw_test failing on Core 2 Duo/GENERIC.MP
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Brad du Plessis <bradd@cat.co.za>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/30/2007 14:49:32
Hi,

Matthias Drochner wrote:
> bradd@cat.co.za said:
>
>> You'll note that what is a bit concerning is that no system running
>> with  both cores enabled passed this test. Has anyone else by any
>> chance tried  this on a Core 2 Duo system and seen similar results?
>>

> This might be the Core2-duo TLB bug; I was hit by that too.
> Look for a BIOS update which contains a CPU microcode fix.

I've downloaded the latest BIOS update for the Intel DG33FB (which is
about 2 weeks old) and the problem persists. Unfortunately I checked
through the BIOS notes and there's no mention of any CPU microcode fix.

The exact fftw_test error is:

Testing correctness for N = 3456...FATAL ERROR: NaN in answer
fftw: test failed.

Brad