Subject: Re: Problem get firefox Java-Plugin working
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Tietz <micha.tietz@web.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/28/2007 21:05:19
Hello Piotr

> I assume you are using firefox-linux (emulated not native). Ok, let try

I use firefox from package system that is, IMHO, natively running under
NetBSD. Instead of a copy of libjavaplugin_oji.so I had a symlink on
this place.

> following things. Try to cp the libjavaplugin_oji.so from that location
> /usr/pkg/java/sun-1.5/plugin/i386/ns7/ to the /home/michael(I
> guees)/.mozilla/plugins or /home/michael/.mozilla/firefox/plugins

I tried this too, but without success

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/pkg/java/sun-1.5/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so [Shared
object "libX11.so.6" not found]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/home/micha/.mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so [Shared object
"libX11.so.6" not found]

So I will take your idea to try different browsers, eg. seamonkey.

But I have no time @ the moment so i have to move such experiments to
next weekend. I will make my expieriences public here.

Thanks

Kind regards

Micha