Subject: build.sh safe with -j4 ?
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/21/2007 08:31:35
Hi,

I'm running the following on a quad core i386 cpu, NetBSD 4.0 RC4:

./build.sh -j 4 -O /test/tmp/obj -T /test/tmp/tools -R /test/nb4/release -D \
/test/tmp/dst -X ../xsrc -r -x tools release iso-image

I'm getting strange errors during build like

nbmake: No such file or directory.

or

nbmake: "(stdin)" line 3: Could not find /test/src/src/bin/rcorder/Makefile
nbmake: Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

Is my hardware broken or is there something wrong with the build dependencies
with a parallel make?

I'm running build.sh in a loop to test the hardware, but these errors make
me wonder.. ;-)

Thanks,

  -jm